Jagan Kumar (TVS Racing) and Prabhu Arunagiri (Team Alisha Abdullah) secured two wins each in the third round of the MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National motorcycle racing championship at the Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) Chennai
Kevin Kannan (Rockers Racing) scored his maiden victory in the Pro-Stock 165cc class and Arjun Rajendran took the honours in the Novice (Stock 165cc) category.
Jagan without a win in the first two rounds of this season closed out a very successful weekend with another dominating performance in the premier Super Sport Indian (165cc) class.
Pole-sitter Sarath Kumar conceded his track position soon after start, with Jagan and later Ahamed moving past him. However, Sarath fought his way back to overtake Ahamed and hung on for a well-deserved second spot while Jagan put in consistent laps to emerge a clear winner.
At the end of Round three, Jagan Kumar leads the championship with 112 points, followed by KY Ahamed (91) and Deepak Ravikumar (74).
Pro-Stock (301-400cc) Race 2 (8 laps)
- Prabhu Arunagiri (Team Alisha Abdullah) 15:34.119
- Satyanarayana Raju (Gusto Racing India) 15:38.041
- Amarnath Menon (Gusto Racing India) 15:42.045
Super Sport Indian (165cc): Race 2 (8 laps)
- Jagan Kumar (TVS Racing) 15:39.486
- Sarath Kumar (Idemitsu Honda Ten10 Racing) 15:41.227
- KY. Ahamed (TVS Racing) 15:41.533
Pro-Stock (165cc): Race-2 (8 laps)
- Kevin Kannan (Rockers Racing) 16:15.144
- Mithun Kumar (Idemitsu Honda Ten10 Racing) 16:15.222
- Senthil Kumar (Idemitsu Honda Ten10 Racing) 16:17.454
Stock 165cc (Novice, 6 laps)
- Anand Rajendran (Pvt, Chennai) 13:12.693
- Karthik Mateti (Sparks Racing) 13:12.855
- Aditya Rao (Sparks Racing) 13:14.453
MMSC One-Make Championship (Novice) – TVS (Apache RTR 200): Race 2 (5 laps)
- Karthik Mateti (Hyderabad) 11:24.619
- Anand Rajendran (Chennai) 11:24.799
- Venkatesan (Chennai) 11:33.121
Idemitsu Honda India Talent Cup (CBR 250): Race 2 (6 laps)
- Mohamed Mikail (Chennai) 13:07.613
- K. Anandhu (Chennai) 13:18.859
- Charan (Chennai) 13:24.097