The curtains came down on the MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship 2016 at the MMRT track in Sriperumbudur,Chennai on January 20 2017
28-year-old Jagan Kumar of TVS Racing sealed the premium Super Sport Indian (165cc) class title who registered his fourth win from nine starts, took his tally to 166, well beyond the reach of his nearest rival and teammate Kannan Subramaniam (122).This is Jagan’s fifth title in as many years.
Spaniard Ami van Poederooijen (Rockstar Racing) clinched the Super Sport Indian 300-400cc, claiming his sixth win in nine races.
The championship in the Pro Stock 165cc class, however, is still wide open with Honda Ten10 teammates Rajiv Sethu (169) and Hari Krishnan Rajagopal (153) in the frame for the title which will be decided on Sunday.
In one of the closest contests, Performance Racing team’s Antony Peter barely held on to a slender lead to win the Stock 165cc race as the fifth and concluding round of the MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle racing championship commenced at the MMRT track on Friday.
In a hectic battle, Peter, who started second on the grid for the six-lap race, edged pole-sitter and championship leader Hubbali’s Anish Shetty (United Tech Torque), while P.M. Soorya (Speedup Racing) from Chennai came in a close third.
Meanwhile, Sri Lankan teenager Aaron Gunawardene rode to a brilliant victory in the Suzuki Gixxer Cup (Open) category of the MMSC One-Make Championship, but third-placed Meka Vidhuraj from Andhra picked up enough points to pocket the title in this category.
Vidhuraj earned 15 points which boosted his tally to 158 with one race to be run, while Gladwin is placed second on 123, just ahead of Rajinikanth (121).
Bengaluru’s R.L.Yashas comfortably claimed the TVS Apache RTR 200 race for Novice riders in the MMSC one-make championship and Piyush Ranjan from Patna took the honors in the Honda CBR 150 (Novice) race after a hard-fought battle.
Joseph Mathew won Race 1 of Gixxer novice followed by Vishal S and Alexander AS in 2nd and 3rd position in the Suzuki Gixxer Cup
The Honda Ladies unleash their firepower on the MMRT race track. Aishwarya P won the race followed by Ryhana Bee A and Niranjanie Ravishankar
A power packed race by the AATA (Alisha Abdullah Training Academy) Ladies Race Haritha R won the race followed by Olesya V Dias and Aishwarya M.
Super Sport Indian (300-400cc)
1. Ami van Poederooijen (Rockstar Racing) (12mins, 09.200secs)
2. Amarnath Menon (Rockstar Racing) (12:13.491)
3. Abhishek Vasudev (Rockstar Racing) (12:20.926)
Super Sport Indian (165cc)
1. Jagan Kumar (TVS Racing) (12:14.805)
2.Harry Sylvester (TVS Racing) (12:16.422)
3. Mathana Kumar (Honda Ten10 Racing) (12:18.772)
Pro Stock (165cc)
1. Rajiv Sethu (Honda Ten10 Racing) (12:43.867)
2. Mithun Kumar (Honda Ten10 Racing) (12:48.541)
3. Prabhu Arunagiri (RACR) (12:49.197)
1. Yashas RL (Bengaluru) (13:28.353)
2. Antony Peter (Performance Racing) (13:28.368)
3. Soorya PM (Speed Up Racing) (13:28.513)
MMSC One-Make Championship – TVS Apache RTR 200 (Open)
1. Kannan Karnan (Chennai) (13:22.756)
2. Arun Muthukrishnan (Chennai) (13:23.539)
3. Prashanth Kumar (Karimnagar) (13:23.605)
1. Yashas RL (Bengaluru) (09:13.274)
2. Peddu Sriharsha (Chennai) (09:15.052)
3. Aditya Rao Immaneni (Bengaluru) (09:17.922)
Honda CBR 250 (Open)
1. Hari Krishnan R (Honda Ten10 Racing) (15:06.767)
2. Mathana Kumar S (Honda Ten10 Racing) (15:07.349)
3. P. Ananth Raj (Pro Lap Racing) (15:07.919)
CBR 150 (Novice, 4 laps)
1. Piyush Ranjan (Patna) (09:05.163)
2. M. Mahesh Murali (Kerala) (09:07.506)
3. P.M. Soorya (Chennai) (09:08.460)
Suzuki Gixxer Cup (Novice, 4 laps)
1. Joseph Mathew (Chennai) (09:11.643)
2. S. Vishal (Chennai) (09:22.692)
3. A.S. Alexander (Chennai) (09:24.259)
Ladies races (4 laps) – Honda
1. Aishwarya Pissay (Bengaluru) (09:27.007)
2. A. Ryhana Bee (Chennai) (09:39.365)
3.Niranjanie Ravishankar (Chennai) (09:56.603)
Alisha Abdullah Training Academy (4 laps)
1. R. Haritha (Bangalore) (9:41.731)
2. Olesya V Dias (Goa) (10:09.644)
3. Renuka Gajendran (Bangalore) (10:29.673)
Winner of MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship – Round 5